Friday, February 18, 2011

Clothing Extravaganza Week

This is really a blog covering a jumble of sorts. I’m almost at the end of my reading break and most of it has been spent working at my new tutoring job or shopping. The job has been… painful to put it mildly. I rather not taint my blog by going too deep into details (i.e. bitching) about it, but my more notable occurrences on the job will be duly noted here. So far it’s mostly been about just getting comfortable with everyone and trying to get a rhythm going between all of us.

Last Saturday I had a belated-birthday meal with family at a place called Fet’s on Commercial Drive. It was suggested by my uncle who always has the best recommendations for restaurants all over the lower mainland, and like always he didn’t disappoint with this place. The place has a wicked interior which I wish I took pictures of but being me, of course I was too engrossed in the food. I went with a brunch selection which featured everything.



I was unable to finish my plate even after sharing my pancakes with my uncle. They were these gigantic blackberry pancakes which tasted amazing (definitely recommend them over the blueberry ones). Some of the other ordered meals were burgers, quesadillas, and omelets which all looked delicious.


That’s me and my cousin, Sarah, goofing around as we waited for our order.

On Tuesday I got to go shopping with some friends. We went south of the border down to Lynnwood for a day-trip, making it a nearly two hour drive there and another two hours coming back. The company was great though and we had so much fun singing (awfully off-key) a lot of pop songs, bhangra-dancing and just joking around. We went to Alderwood Mall which includes an outside and inside shopping area. The place is awesome and has practically everything, but the stores we bought stuff were American Apparel, Forever 21, Urban Outfitters, and Borders. My main purchase of the day was a ‘vicose shawl cardigan’.

 

It looks better on the mannequin but it’s wonderfully comfy and will fit well into my spring wardrobe as the weather gets slightly warmer.

My shopping continued the following day when I made purchases at Urban Outfitters, Aritzia and American Eagle Outfitters. I don’t have any pictures of those items but I will add some if I remember to take pictures when I’m actually wearing them.
I couldn’t really seem to get away from my birthday even after a week because my sister gave me the last part of my present on Wednesday.


And that 'C' is not for 'CARO' apparently, according to my sister (kidding of course, I know what it stands for).


Isn’t it beautiful?! We’re going to our first hockey game March 30th when the Canucks takes on the L.A. Kings. We’re so pumped and now all my sister needs is her own jersey. It’ll be one game where we won’t have to listen to the radio, watch over the internet or at a bar. We’ll be there that night in person in row 4! I’m also partly excited to get a sippy cup-of-beer that night.

Today I also received a package in the mail.






It was my dress order from Le Muse. I’ve tried it on and it may not look all that flattering but as I thought, the fabric literally feels like the softest thing ever and I don’t care if I look like a huge ivory pillowcase because I am so excited to wear it!

Also this afternoon my friend and I went to go see I Am Number 4. I must say that the movie picked up in the last half hour when all the action finally started getting going. Overall it was just alright, nothing profoundly great. It did have its cheesy moments but at least Alex was shirtless in several scenes. I was mostly rooting for the dog, Bernie Kosar throughout. Despite that it’s not supposed to be a horror/scary flick, the movie had both of us jumping in our seats though.



Well I think that about wraps up most of the highlights of my week so far. And to end with a song that nicely sums up the shopping and clothes extravaganza of my week…


No comments:

Post a Comment