Thursday, February 3, 2011

Stop... Drop... and DANCE!

One word to summarize the pain in my ass du-jour = MIDTERMS! You know those things that are supposed to keep you on your toes in the middle of the semester; that way of testing to make sure you’ve been doing the homework and the assignments and/or keeping up with the course readings? Yeah those. Those things that are only like 20-30% of your grade. Yeah, no big deal. <-- sarcasm. I honestly don’t get those people who can easily shrug off or say something worth TWENTY-THIRTY (caps on for full effect) of their grade is not a big deal. That’s like 1/5 *pause while I do some simple math* of your grade all determined within 50 minutes. Safe to say I’m pretty sure that these bad boys are 15% of the reason why my hair is prematurely gray-ing out. Well, it’s a good thing I look good in gray.


See! Gray hair on young women is COOL!

For the past 36 hours I’ve been living on a diet of green tea and carbs (mostly smothered with cheese) as I cram my brains out with information that will evaporate from my brain faster than Charlie Sheen can trash a hotel room (I actually would put my money on Mr. Sheen though). Sadly not a lot of the information from lecture is retaining so rather than my knowledge expanding... my waist size is *cue ‘Psycho’ music*


I figure rather than online-shopping during my break I would take the opportunity to go strong on my blogging (huzzah)! I’ll just be glad once I make it to 12:55pm tomorrow because I will be officially finished for the week. From that point is for some good ol’ downtime with friends in downtown. There’ll be eating, drinking, chatting, some hockey spectating (FYI Blackhawks are going DOWN), polaroid-taking, and even a cake. Guess which one I’m least excited for? (Hint: rhymes with flake.)

Before I hit the books there’s just one thing I want to share. It’s this incredible song my friend told me about today. Do you remember these guys?


Yes, they ARE guys. They had a big hit called MmmBOP back in like 2002* or something (maybe even earlier). *CORRECTION: I'm told it's 1997.

Well they actually look like this now.


And low-behold they are STILL making music. Good music actually. Their newest-ish song is called ‘Thinking ‘Bout Somethin’’ and if you don’t feel like jumping up and doing some form of the twist then... well clearly I’ll be the only one that does then.
Check the video out although just listening to the song is stellar too.



And they play their own instruments and you know I’m pretty big into artists that do although not as much as a really good dance routine/sequence/move. You can bet your ass that if this song comes up on my ipod that I’ll likely burst into dance no matter where I am. Yes, I’ll be embarrassed for my friends or whoever may be with me at that moment too.

Well I’ve jabbered on/ignored my notes long enough now.

Wish me luck.

-Caro-


3 comments:

  1. "Mmmbop" came out in 1997. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha thank you! Clearly I was off several years.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hehe no problem. Welcome to fanson-dom!

    ReplyDelete