Thursday, February 24, 2011

Concert-Palooza!

Oooh we’re not even done with February yet but already my 2011 concert line-up is looking pretty awesome. If you didn’t know already I’m kind of a concert-holic. Whenever I hear a concert announcement for an artist or band that I like I have this irrational tendency to swipe my credit card and get tickets ASAP usually through a presale or at least no later than general sale dates. It’s really like this impulsive habit I have to attend all these concerts. Seriously, I usually see myself going near-bankrupt from it. But there’s seriously nothing better than spending a night listening to live music and just getting caught up in a performance.

My usual partner in crime for most of these events is my sister. I usually have the easiest time convincing her (okay… maybe sometimes it’s coercion) to come to all these shows with me, but also because she just happens to have the same awesome taste in music as I do (of course that reason changes depending which sibling you're talking to). *I’d like to take this moment to thank Jennifer for always willing to go bankrupt with me to go to all these events over the past years* But I do love going to concerts with anyone who's willing to go with me. Here are a few of my favourites...


 Vampire Weekend


100 Monkeys


Iron & WIne


Paramore


Kid Cudi


No Doubt


Muse



Lady Gaga


 Kings of Leon


Currently my attendance is confirmed for the following shows:


100 Monkeys @ Venue, Vancouver
March 4th @ 7:30pm


Bonnie Dune @ Commodore
May 14th @ 8:00pm


The Black Keys @ Deer Lake Park
June 27th @ 5:30pm


Katy Perry @ Rogers Arena
July 19th @ 7:30pm


Taylor Swift @ Rogers Arena
Sept 10th, @ 7:00pm

These are just a few shows that I would gladly sell a vital organ for in order to go:


Adele @ Commodore
May 30th @ 7:00pm


Bonnaroo @ Manchester, TN
June 9 - 12

Granted Bonnaroo may be a far stretch, but the line-up looks amazing and I can only imagine how awesome it'd be. That and Coachella but due to how exam schedules pan out every April the latter is never an option.

Since it is only late-February, I'm sure more shows will be announced for later in the year that I'll probably want to/end up going to as well. Looking forward to what's ahead so far though.

No comments:

Post a Comment